Thursday, December 4, 2008

I was tagged......

It's been a busy week. So, here are my 7 things......

1. Raised in IL My parents, my husband & I, and our children, all graduated from the same high school. Jim & I actually raised our children in the same house I grew up in. My parents sold their house in 1972, we bought it for our family in 1980.

2.Married 35 yrs. 3 children, boy, 29 and twin girls, 27. Girls are married, and we now have a wonderful grandaughter.

3. Self-taught in my drawing. I've always enjoyed photography, drawing. I just have not taken the time to get back into it, until now. I also like to read, and you can't draw and read at the same time!

4.Completed my first 10k race at the age of 40. Since then I have completed many more, 5k, 10k, and 3 Disneyworld marathons. My days of long races are over,but I continue to speedwalk 25 miles a week. I actually walked the last 2 of the marathons in 5 1/2 hours.

5.I work 4 full days a week.

6.We live at the beach, so I love to wander over there. We've gotten some wonderful pictures. I once gave a wedding gift to a couple that we know. It was "their" wedding day morning sunrise, at the beach, and then I went to where I could get a great sunset photo that eve. Then I wrote the scripture, "From the rising of the sun, to the going down, the Lord's name will be praised."so I guess you could say I can be creative.

7.I have 2 of my 3 children living in IL. I also have very dear friends in CA. So I am very greatful that I have the ability to travel to see everyone.

1 comment:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Thanks for playing the game, Janet.

My father-in-law just enlisted me to paint a watercolor painting of my MIL's childhood home, for her Christmas present. My first thought was that I just wished I could farm it out to you! But I think he really wants it to be my artwork. Man, I wish you could give me a crash course, or better yet just upload your skills to my brain in a flash. Could we arrange that?! ;) Nah, I'll be okay, I hope.... :-/